pinterest follow button

Friday 25 November 2016

Preparing For My First Jewellery Stall eek!

Since my last post, I've been really busy working almost every night creating new jewellery. I am very impressed that I was able to stop myself several times from buying new beads...literally had to think myself out of it.

So 2 weeks ago I saw an event on facebook for a Christmas Fun day at our local leisure centre and thought to enquire about available stalls. I think deep down I thought it'd be a bit late asking now. Got a reply asking to see some of my work, to which I replied with a link to my shop. I was shocked to get a reply saying there was availability for me ..eek! Was I ready? really? the lady said it was a 'bring your own table' event and I was going to turn it down due to not having a table but then I realised it wasn't the table that was my problem...I was looking for any excuse as nerves had got the better of me.

Got a lot of encouragement from a friend and talented jewellery maker who really gave me the confidence I needed to go ahead with the process of securing my place at the event.

I had a million things going through my head at once...I'll need to make more this and that, need to buy or find a table, table cloth, jewellery display , oh and more business cards, public liability insurance .......

Researched online, made a checklist of things to take on the day like mirror, change; things to order like bags for packaging, business cards ; things to make like men's bracelet (which I hadn't made since 2013 or so. I needed to buy new beads for these too :-D) ...so I've been busy ticking these off my checklist and I'm happy to have received all my orders the last of which arrived today -large gift bags.

Picked up a foldable table from a friend and jewellery display stuff from my jewellery making friend.... all ready now! I shall be doing a practise run tonight. .. setting my stall up  in the kitchen as I would on Sunday 2 days time.






Earrings


Particularly excited to see people's reactions when they pick up, feel or try on the jewellery , as I don't get to see this from my online  shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment